AMD today announced AMD Radeon ™ Pro VII workstation graphics cards, designed to provide exceptional graphics and processing performance as well as innovative features for streaming media and engineering professionals. These new graphics cards are designed to power today’s most demanding graphics projects and transmissions, complex computational and engineering simulations (CAE), and the development of high-performance computing (HPC) applications. acronyms in English) that enable scientific research on supercomputers powered by AMD technology.
AMD’s Radeon Pro VII graphics card offers 16GB of extreme speed HBM2 (High Bandwidth Memory), and support for syncing 6 monitors, plus high-bandwidth PCIe® 4.0 interconnect technology. Delivering up to 26% better 8K image processing in Blackmagic Design DaVinci Resolvey up to 5.6 times more double-precision performance (FP64) per dollar against the competition, new graphics cards introduce AMD Infinity Fabric ™ Link binding technology to the marketplace. work stations. AMD Infinity Fabric Link accelerates data transfer by enabling high-speed GPU-to-GPU communications in system configurations with multiple graphics engines.
The new cards for workstations Deliver high performance and advanced capabilities that make it easy for post-broadcast and media broadcast teams to view, review, and interact with 8K resolution content, whether from the production booths, the recording floor, or through company servers . It also enables engineers and data scientists to handle broader and more complex models and information sets, while reducing wait times for engineering simulations and computational burdens of scientific research.
“Today’s professionals are under pressure to meet delivery times under limited budgets while delivering world-class results,” said Scott Herkelman, corporate vice president and general manager, AMD Graphics Business Unit. “They require more and more of their graphics cards, and AMD’s Radeon Pro VII seeks to fill that need. Delivers innovative, high-performance technologies that enable users to more easily handle larger, more complex simulations, create and manage digital content at exceptionally high resolutions for both media and digital signage, and opens the door for advanced application development for HPCs to lead new waves of scientific discovery in large-scale supercomputers. “
Key capabilities and features of AMD Radeon Pro VII graphics cards include:
- Leading double precision performance – With up to 6.5 TFLOPS (FP64) of double precision performance for demanding scientific or engineering research workloads, Radeon Pro VII graphics cards increase up to 5.6 times the performance per dollarone face the competition in Altair’s internal benchmark® EDEM.
- High speed memory – 16GB of HBM2 with 1TB / s of memory bandwidth and full ECC capabilities to better handle larger, more complex data models at low latency.
- AMD Infinity Fabric Link – A high bandwidth, low latency connection that enables memory communication between two AMD Radeon Pro VII GPUs, enabling users to increase the size and scale of their projects, develop more complex designs, and run higher volume simulations to facilitate scientific research. AMD Infinity Fabric Link delivers up to 5.25 times more PCIe bandwidth®0 x16 bandwidth with a communication speed of up to 168 GB / s peer-to-peer between GPUs.
- Remote Work – Users can access the physical workstation virtually from anywhere for uninterrupted productivity, thanks to the remote workstation IP built into the AMD Radeon Pro Software for Business driver4.
- High bandwidth and support for PCIe 4.0 – PCIe 4.0 provides twice the bandwidth of PCIe 3.0 to deliver smoother performance in 8K multi-channel image interactions.
- Frame lock and sync – Allows for more accurate synchronization with the output monitor, wall display, digital signage and other display options (AMD FirePro ™ S400 synchronization module required).
- High resolution / Multi screen support – Supports up to six synchronized display panels, full HDR and 8K screen resolution (for a single monitor) combined with ultra-fast encoding support for better multi-stream streaming.
- Certification for professional applications – Optimized and certified with leading professional applications in stability and reliability. You can find here the complete list of ISV applications certified for Radeon Pro Software.
- ROCm ™ Open Ecosystem – Open source software for accelerated computing delivers a simple GPU programming model with support for OpenMP, HIP, and OpenCL ™, as well as support for major machine learning and HPC applications, including TensorFlow ™, PyTorch ™, Kokkos , and RAJA.
|Flow Processors||TFLOPS||HBM2 memory||Memory bandwidth||Memory interface||Video outputs (Mini-DisplayPort 1.4)|
|Radeon ™ Pro VII||3840||Up to 6.5 (FP64)
Up to 13.1 (FP32)
|1 TB / s||4096-bit||6x|
AMD Radeon Pro Software for Business 20.Q2
AMD Radeon Pro workstation graphics cards are supported by the Radeon Pro Software for Business driver, providing corporate grade stability, performance, security, image quality and other innovative features including high-resolution screen capture, recording and video transmission. The most recent release offers improvements of up to 14% year-over-year against the current generation of AMD Radeon Pro5 graphics cards. The new software driver is available for download through AMD.com
Updated AMD Rendering software
AMD also released updates for AMD Radeon ™ ProRender, a processing engine based on the highest industry standards, which streamlines rendering tasks on any GPU, CPU or Operating System.6. Updates include new plug-ins for SideFX® Houdini ™ and Unreal® Engine, as well as updated plug-ins for Autodesk® Maya® and Blender®. For developers, an updated version of the AMD Radeon ™ ProRender SDK is now available on the redesigned GPUOopen.com site, and is now easier to deploy with an Apache License 2.0. AMD released another beta SDK of the next generation of the Radeon ProRender 2.0 multimedia processing engine, with improved CPU and GPU capabilities for rendering support with open source versions of the plugins.
AMD Radeon Pro VII graphics cards are expected to be available with major etailers / retailers from mid-June 2020, with a base price of $ 1,899 USD. Workstations with integrated AMD Radeon Pro VII are projected to be available in the second half of 2020 with major manufacturing partners.