code execution cannot continue because msvcp140_1.dll was not found
When you install some softwares and try to launch them on your system, you get the following error:
The code execution cannot proceed because msvcp140_1.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix the problem.
Reinstalling the app as specified in the error message doesn’t help. You may notice that the software started successfully on some versions of Windows (for example, Windows 10). However, on other versions (say, Windows 11) it causes the error. It is mostly seen with apps like OBS Studio.
If you see this annoying error, here are some ways to fix this issue on your system.
Solution 1: Install Visual C++ 2015 on your PC
1. Download the Visual C++ Redistributable Package
2. Install the package according to the instructions on the screen.
Ideally, this should fix the error.
Solution 2: Re-register the DLL file that is shown in the error message.
1. Open Run Dialog using Windows + R.
2. Type cmd and press Ctrl+Mayús+Intro. This opens the command prompt in administration mode.
3. If you see a UAC prompt open, click And.
4. Type the following command and press Enter.
For example, if the error message displayed in your case is “Code execution cannot continue because msvcp140_1.dll was not found”. Use the following command.
5. Restart the PC.
We hope this article has been informative. Please kindly comment and let us know the solution that helped you to resolve the error. Thank you for reading.