South Korean overclocker Biso Biso of Team EVGA once again holds the GPU world records with the GeForce RTX 3090 Ti KINGPIN graphics card. Previously with the RTX 3090 KINGPIN had achieved the same.
Before we get to the results, we need to talk about the impressive setup that was used to achieve these results. The system consists of an EVGA Z690 KINGPIN DARK motherboard, with an Intel Core i9-12900K CPU running at 5.4GHz, a pair of G.Skill Trident Z5 memory running at DDR5-6400 (CL32) speeds. and all this seasoned with liquid Nitrogen. The graphics cards in total two, are the EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti KINGPIN that also used LN2 cooling. The card duo has a total of 4 x 16-pin power connectors (2 per graphics card). The GPUs were connected with two EVGA SuperNova 1600W T2 PSUs.
Each card was connected to a total of six 8-pin connectors to power the dual 16-pin adapters. That’s a total of twelve 8-pin connectors running from the power supply to four 16-pin connectors. With overclock each EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti KINGPIN graphics card consumed more than 1200 watts of power So with both we have over 2500 watts of power just for the GPUs.
To put things in perspective we tell you that:
- A single regular GeForce RTX 3090 Ti requires 1 x 16-pin connector
- A single GeForce RTX 3090 Ti KINGPIN requires 2 x 16-pin connectors
- A single 16-pin connector requires a 3 x 8-pin adapter
- A dual 16-pin connector configuration required 6 8-pin adapters
- A dual 3090 Ti KINGPIN configuration requires 12 x 8-pin adapters
- A single 3090 Ti Gen 5 socket is rated up to 450W
- A dual 3090 Ti Gen 5 configuration is rated at up to 900W
What is even more impressive is that the EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti KINGPIN managed to reach almost 3 GHzabout 2925 MHz. This is simply amazing for NVIDIA’s top-of-the-line GPU.
With this, it is clear that the EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti KINGPIN is definitely a technical marvel from the EVGA team, making it a great product for overclockers. For gamers, it may not be as practical given its high price and nature, but what’s interesting is that products like these show the true potential of GPUs.