How to connect iPhone to Windows 11 PC
If you have an iPhone and a Windows 11 laptop, you need to know all about the difficulties of connecting iPhone to Windows 11 PC. In the absence of conventional wireless transfer like Bluetooth, it becomes quite difficult to transfer photos and music to a PC.
Fortunately, that’s not the end. There are various ways to connect your iPhone to your Windows 11 laptop to sync and transfer photos and music. And in this post, we propose some of the ways. The first method uses iTunes to connect and sync the contents of your phone. The second method uses the ancient connection of a cable to access the telephone gallery.
However, before proceeding, make sure you have a USB-C (or USB-A) to Lightning cable handy. Now that you have everything we can go.
How to add Amazon App Store on Windows 11
How to connect iPhone to Windows 11 PC using iTunes on Windows 11
- Here, you need to make sure that you have not opted for iCloud backup beforehand.
- Download iTunes from the Microsoft Store. Download iTunes from the Microsoft Store
- Open iTunes and click Account> Sign In to add your credentials.
- Here, Apple will send a verification code to your phone. All you have to do is enter the numbers on the screen.
- After logging in, connect your iPhone via the charging cable to your PC.
- The system will need some time to synchronize. But once that’s done, you’ll see a little phone icon next to the Music option.
- Click the phone icon to view the phone summary and other options. Besides that, you can also check photos and videos. However, please note that if you have already enabled iCloud backup, they will not be visible here.
- Scroll down on the Summary page and select the “Sync with this iPhone over Wi-Fi” option.
This option ensures that you will be able to sync information from your phone without connecting the cable. It’s a hassle-free process.
You need to make sure your PC and iPhone are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. So the next time you plug in your phone, the sync will start wirelessly.
Obviously, the sync speed will be much slower than wired sync.
Bluetooth not working on Windows 11, how to
How to directly sync your iPhone to Windows 11 PC
Like any other smartphone, the iPhone can also be connected to your Windows 11 laptop directly via a cable. You can import some selected photos or take an offline backup of all your photos and videos using this. To see some selected photos, check the following steps.
Windows 11 Snipping Tool Not Working, 7 Solutions
Method 1: import selected photos
- Connect the phone to the laptop. If this is your first time, you will see a message on your phone screen.
- Press Allow.
- Go to My Computer on the laptop and right click on the iPhone option. Select Open.
- Then, select Internal Storage and then DCIM.
- You will see that all folders are named according to the year / month. All you have to do is find the right folder and open it.
- Once done, copy the files and paste them in your chosen location.
Method 2: backup all photos and videos
Thankfully, the method of importing all the photos and videos is straightforward.
- Connect your phone to the laptop via a Lightning cable. Then, open Explorer> This PC and right click on the iPhone option.
- Then, select the Import images and videos option.
- Your Windows system will immediately start searching for images and videos. And depending on the size of your repository, it might take a few minutes.
- Windows will now give you the choice between Organize and Import.
- Select Import all new items and add a folder name in the text box below.
Remember to select the Erase after import option so that the photos remain on your phone as they are. The usual rules apply: importing will take some time depending on the number of items on your iPhone.
Once the import is complete, you will find the folder named under Pictures on your Windows PC. Now, unplug your iPhone and that’s it. The next time you perform the above steps, Windows will only import the new photos and videos, saving you time.
WiFi does not work on Windows 11, what to do
Connect and sync
Although you can connect your iPhone to Windows 11 PC just like a regular Android phone, the options are limited. But if you don’t back up your files and photos to iCloud, it’s always best to sync your iPhone with your Windows PC. At the same time, you can also perform a manual backup of your phone if you change phones sooner or later.