How to export contacts from iPhone
This article explains how to export contacts from iPhone using the Export Contact app or iCloud on iPhones running iOS 10 and later. The instructions also apply to macOS Catalina (10.15) through OS X Yosemite (10.10).
How to export contacts from iPhone to Excel/CSV format
Although there are several applications designed to handle this task, Export Contact is free and highly rated by users.
1. Download and launch the Export Contact app on your iPhone.
2. Press okay to allow the app to access your iPhone contacts.
3. Select the file format in which you want to export your contacts: vCard, CSV or Excel. In this example, we will select CSV.
4. Press follow.
5. Press again follow to accept that the free version of Contact Pro can only export your first 100 contacts. (Go ahead More information if you want to upgrade to Export Contact Pro).
Note: The free version of Export Contact is ad-supported, so you may see ads throughout the process.
6. You will see a message that 100 contacts have been prepared. Go ahead Export to continue.
7. Your Contacts text document is prepared and ready to download. Press in Save to filesEmail the file to yourself or use another method to share or save the file.
8. The CSV file you save can be imported into any program that accepts CSV files, including Excel.
Export contacts from iPhone to vCard using iCloud
If you don’t want to use a third-party app, export your iPhone contacts in vCard VCF format via your iCloud account. The VCF format of a vCard is similar in appearance to an online business card and is a standard address book format.
1. On your iPhone, tap settings > you number > iCloud.
2. Activate the toggle switch contacts. If this setting is disabled, contacts on the device will not be synced with your iCloud account and cannot be exported to a file.
3. On a computer, open a web browser, go to iCloud, and Sign in to iCloud with your Apple ID.
Note: You may need to use Apple’s two-factor authentication to sign in.
4. Choose contacts.
5. On screen contactsin the lower left corner, select the icon Parameters (gear) > Select all.
Advice: To choose specific contacts to export, tap Change Where CONTROL to select contacts one by one.
6. Once the contacts have been selected, press again settings and choose export vCard.
7. The selected contacts are saved to your computer as a .vcf file.
Use a VCF file or convert it to CSV
A vCard file is a standard contact file format. Many programs, including Microsoft Outlook, support vCards. vCards load naturally into most contact lists, making them the ideal format for transferring contact information with minimal complexity.
If the application you want to import your contacts into does not support the VCF format, use an online converter to convert the VCF file to a CSV file, such as AConvert online conversion tool. To use it, choose the VCF file you exported from iCloud and select CSV as target format. Select convert nowand then upload the CSV file.
If you have any questions or suggestions, let us know in the comments. Also refer to this guide if you want to learn how to transfer contacts from iPhone to Android.