How to ‘Increase/ Max/ Optimize/ Boost’ Nvidia GeForce GT730 4 GB GDDR5 Mining: Overclock| Hashrate| Benchmark | Power Supply (Watt) – In 2014, Nvidia GeForce GT730 video cards were released with 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM with GPU on the Kepler architecture (Compute Capability 3.5, 28-nm process technology). These are video cards that have a certain potential for multi-threaded computing due to the rather large amount of GDDR5 memory.
The similarly named Nvidia GeForce GT730 video cards with DDR3 memory were produced with Fermi chips (Compute Capability 2.0) on a 40nm technological process. They have very poor performance and are not suitable for mining.
This article examines the features of the GeForce GT730 video cards with 4 GB GDDR5 in terms of suitability for mining in modern conditions.
How to Increase GT730 4 GB GDDR5 Mining: Technical features
The Nvidia GeForce GT730 video card with 4 GB GDDR5 (using the example of the NE5T730013G6-2082F model manufactured by Palit) has the following characteristics (information on the GeForce GT1030 video card is given in brackets for comparison):
- Production start date – 03/27/2014 (05/17/2017);
- GPU – GK208-302-B1 (GP108-300-A1);
- Architecture – Kepler 2.0 (Pascal);
- Technical process, nm – 28 (14);
- Number of transistors, billion – 1.02 (1.8);
- Crystal area, mm² – 87 (74);
- The number of streaming multiprocessors (SMM Count) – 2 (3);
- The number of shader cores (Shading Units) – 384;
- Number of TMU / ROP units – 32/8 (24/16);
- GPU frequency, MHz – 902 (1228-1468);
- FP32 performance, TFLOPS – 0.693 (1.127);
- Performance FP64, GFLOPS – 29 (35.23);
- Video memory capacity, GB – 4 (2);
- Video memory type – GDDR5;
- Memory clock frequency, MHz / effective frequency, Gbps – 1253/5 (1502/6);
- Memory bus width, bit – 64;
- L2 cache / L3, MB – 0.5 /;
- Memory bandwidth, GB / s – 40 (48);
- CUDA / OPENCL support – 3.5 / 3.0 (6.1 / 3.0);
- Theoretical hash rate on Ethash, MH / s (according to VRAM) – 5 (6);
- Consumption (TDP), watt – 30-38 (30);
- Theoretical energy efficiency, MH / s per watt – 0.17 (0.2).
As you can see from the above characteristics, the GeForce GT734 with the Kepler core is not so far behind the 1030 in memory performance, but it is significantly inferior in the core performance. This also affects the hash rate when mining, for example, the GT1030 on the cn-gpu algorithm produces about 265 h / s, and the GT730 – up to 90 h / s.
Information about the video card GeForce GT730 with 4 gigabytes of GDDR5 memory according to the GPU-Z program:
Computing capabilities of the Nvidia GT730 video card with the GK208 (GPU-Z) chip:
Computing capabilities of the Nvidia GT730 video card with the GK208 chip (GPU Caps Viewer):
The Nvidia GeForce GT730 video card does not have powerful computing potential, but it has as many as 4 GB of GDDR5 memory, which is very good for video cards of the lower price segment, produced in 2014. It can perform calculations for mining cryptocurrencies on a fairly large number of algorithms, although for this you need to use old versions of miners, or independently compile open source mining programs.
Hardware features of Nvidia GeForce GT730 video cards with four gigabytes of memory of the fifth generation from Palit
The Nvidia GeForce GT730 video card with 4 GB GDDR5 memory from PALIT is an example of economy, since it contains a minimum of parts and is cooled by a tiny 45 mm APISTEK GA51S2U-NNTC fan and a small aluminum radiator measuring 101 x 56 x 14 mm.
Front of the Palit GeForce GT730 graphics card:
Rear part of the 64-bit video card Nvidia GeForce GT730 with 4 GB VRAM GDDR5-type NE5T730013G6-2082F:
The memory of the video card is recruited by four Micron D9TRZ microcircuits, connected via a 64-bit bus:
The core of the GeForce GT730 video card with the GK208-302-B1 chip:
On the back side of the board there are two single-phase PWM controllers RT8120F manufactured by Richtek (300kHz, Vin 3-13.2V, Vout 0.6-5V) and a Flash-BIOS 25L2006E (2M-BIT, 3.3V):
Wiring diagram for single-phase synchronous Buck PWM controller RT8120F:
GA51S2U Dual Pin Cooling Fan (12V 0.25A, 39mm mounting hole spacing):
A tiny heatsink for the cooling system Nvidia GeForce GT730 from Palit:
How to Optimize/ Boost: Hashrate of Nvidia GeForce GT730 4 GB GDDR5 during mining
Hashrate of Nvidia GeForce GTX734 video cards on some mining algorithms:
- cn-gpu (XEQ, RYO, CCX) — 88 h/s (xmrig-nvidia 2.14.5), 72 h/s (xmr-stack 2.10.8),
- cryptonight_upx/2 (UPX) – 0.3-0.35 kh/s (xmrig 6.16.2);
- cryptonight_haven (BLOC, XHV) — 40-45 h/s (xmr-stack 2.10.8);
- ethash (coins with DAG up to 4 GB) and etchash – 0.9-1 MH / s (Windows, TSF coin, zergpool, Phoenix Miner 5.8c), in Linux – up to 4-5 MH / s;
- equihash 144 — 0.6-0.8 sol/s (miniZ v1.4o);
- heavyhash (OBTC, PBTC) – 3.8 MH / s (ccminer 2.3.1);
- kawpow – mining starts in the xmrig 6.16.2 program, but the hash rate is too small, within a few minutes not a single solution is found;
- lyra2z330 (PYRK, GXX) — 690-710 Kh/s (ccminer 8.21r9-lyra2z330);
- neoscrypt-one – 30 Kh / s (ccminer-one 2.3);
- verthash – 18 Kh / s (VerthashMiner 0.7.1).
A batch file for starting mining on the cryptonight_gpu algorithm on an Nvidia GeForce GT730 video card with 4 GB VRAM with automatic conversion of mined to LTC in the xmrig-nvidia 2.14.5 program (adding a referral code provides a 30% discount on the pool commission size):
@echo off setx CUDA_VISIBLE_DEVICES 0 setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0 setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100 setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1 setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100 setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100 xmrig-nvidia -a cn/gpu -o cryptonight_gpu.eu.mine.zergpool.com:4445 -u кошелек -p c=LTC,worker,refcode=81de238596774683dd427a9d57bae6af -k --donate-level=0 --keepalive --cuda-bfactor=10 pause
An example of a command line to start mining on the cryptonight-upx / 2 algorithm (coin Uplexa, UPX) in the xmrig program:
xmrig -a cryptonight-upx/2 -o cryptonight_upx.mine.zergpool.com:4457 -u LTC_wallet -p c=LTC,worker,refcode=81de238596774683dd427a9d57bae6af -k --donate-level=0 --cuda --keepalive --randomx-mode=fast --no-cpu
Mining on an Nvidia GeForce GT730 video card with 4 GB VRAM on the cryptonight-gpu algorithm (xmrig-nvidia 2.14.5 program, Windows 10, driver 497.09):
The behavior of the GeForce GTX730 video card with 4 GB of fifth generation video memory when mining with the cn_gpu algorithm in the xmrig-nvidia program in Windows 10 Pro (the memory is loaded by only 11%, so you do not need to drive it with this algorithm):
Overclocking Nvidia graphics cards with Kepler core can be done in MSI Afterburner (example of overclocking for the core +110 and memory +125 – this overclocking is more suitable for autolykos and ethash, for cn_gpu and equihash the memory frequency can be reduced to reduce heating and save energy):
or in nvidiainspector (this program allows you to more precisely control overclocking and downvolting parameters):
The command line for setting the overclocking parameters of nvidia video cards with the nvidiainspector program (example for the algorithm cngpu):
@echo off TIMEOUT /T 2 SET FAN=100 SET VOLT=1000000 SET TEMP=59 SET GPU0=-setMemoryClockOffset:0,0,-50 -setBaseClockOffset:0,0,115 -setFanSpeed:0,%FAN% -setTempTarget:0,0,%TEMP% "nvidiaInspector.exe" %GPU0%
As you can see from the screenshots above, neither MSI Afterburner nor nvidiainspector shows consumption and fan speeds. The fan on the video card used for the test was connected directly to a 12 volt power supply, so no information about its operation could be displayed.
Power consumption data, apparently, is not displayed due to an unsuitable driver (although officially video cards with Kepler architecture, which include the GeForce 600 and most GeForce 700s, are no longer supported only in Game Ready 496.13 WHQL drivers).
Nvidia GeForce GT730 graphics cards are poorly suited for mining in modern conditions. However, given their memory size, they can perform calculations on many current algorithms. One of the beneficial algorithms for GT730 is cryptonight-gpu. At the end of 2021, this video card can earn as much as 0.25 USD per day, while eating only 0.72 kW))) …