How to remove tempered glass from the screen. Remove the protective glass. How to remove the protective glass from a smartphone or iPhone: – Sooner or later, the life of the protective glass on the iPhone 6 ends with the appearance of cracks after discharge or the appearance of chips on the end edge. Further operation of a smartphone with bulletproof glass of this quality can end in disaster, both for the display of the device and with cuts on the fingers.
To avoid the consequences after cracking or cracking of the glass, we advise you to change the protective glass for iPhone 6 of better quality. For example, one of the most popular and durable is the sapphire series, with full screen coverage and rounded edges.
Quickly disassemble the protective glass on the example of the Apple iPhone 6
Before changing the bulletproof glass, the glass must be removed. It’s easy to do. We only need 2 plastic cards (bank cards, discount cards, etc.).
Gently and alternately lift the rim of the glass, on either side. Insert the plastic cards into the resulting air vent, as shown in the photo.
Tip. To remove the glass in the safest way, try to use thin but durable objects. Plastic ruler or small nails work well for this.
After placing the plastic cards under the protective glass, carefully push them to the bottom of the iPhone 6. Take your time.
Attention! After creating cracks in the glass, micro fragments may appear that will scratch the smartphone screen from the back. Therefore, the glass removal procedure should be performed carefully and effortlessly.
Removing the glass from the iPhone 6 is pretty easy and not difficult even for beginners. If you have already taken or purchased a protective for Apple iPhone 6, be sure to use our replacement instructions.
The main function of the glass of any device is to protect the touch screen of the mobile device from damage. Taking a blow, the glass is often destroyed, cracked, covered with splinters. At the same time, the quality of protection decreases significantly, the screen display becomes worse, the device loses its appearance. Before installing a new protective glass, you must first remove the old one. In this article we will talk about removing the protective glass from the phone.
What precautions should you take?
Before you change the protective glass from your iPhone, you need to consider that the surface of the gadget’s touch screen is almost perfectly smooth. Therefore, the protective glass is attached to it quite thoroughly. It is most often held by electric forces, sometimes by glue. The surfaces are so firmly in contact that it is simply unrealistic to remove the glass by removing it with the tip of a fingernail. If you use a knife blade, there is a high probability of damage to the screen and the housing of the smartphone.
A silicone suction cup is also ineffective. If the protective surface is badly damaged, then there is no vacuum under it and the vacuum will simply fall off. With good adhesion of the glass to the vacuum, the problem is more than enough. The sensor is attached to the body with weak adhesive tape, and if you do not calculate your own forces, you can damage the cables and completely tear off the display module. Therefore, deliberate, careful action strictly in accordance with the algorithm is required.
Bitan! If you suddenly decide to replace glass with budget film and you failed to secure it the first time, you don’t have to buy a new one. To solve this problem, our publication will help you.
How to remove the protective glass from a smartphone or iPhone?
First, prepare and gather the necessary arsenal of funds. To remove the glass yourself at home you will need:
- 2 plastic cards, pick and spatula.
- Silicone suction cup.
- Hairless napkin.
- Glass cleaner containing alcohol (you can replace it with vodka, cologne or rubbing alcohol).
- Medical gloves.
The algorithm for removing protective glass from the iPhone is extremely simple, but effective:
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap, dry them or wear gloves. This is important to avoid smudges and smudges on the screen.
- Find the entire (or least damaged) corner on the broken glass. Press the suction cup onto it.
- Pull out the corner with a vacuum spatula or pick to lightly peel off the edge. At the same time, help yourself to the rubber, gently pulling it towards you. Don’t overdo it, otherwise – you can rip out the screen.
- As the shield peels, deepen the spatula or pickaxe.
Important! If the screen is large, you can use 2 tools at the same time by pushing them in different directions.
- Continue to gently pull the vacuum toward you until the glass is completely removed.
As you can see, the replacement is quick, there is nothing particularly complicated. All it takes is patience, caution and care.
How to properly glue the glass?
Is it possible to glue bulletproof glass correctly and efficiently? How to remove the protective glass from the phone at home – we figured it out. Now how to attach a new protective surface to the screen. In order for the new part to be glued well, the procedure must be carried out in a perfectly clean room, free of dust.
Important! Before gluing, soak a lint-free cloth in an alcohol-based solution and wipe the screen. This will remove dust, degrease the screen and improve the adhesion of the two surfaces.
The gluing algorithm is as follows:
- Receive a new rim cup. At the same time, hands must be clean, dry or in medical gloves.
- Remove the protective film from the glass surface by pulling the tab. At the same time, hold the glass closer to the screen of the device to prevent dust particles from falling on the surfaces you want to connect.
- Place the glass surface a few millimeters from the screen and carefully align it.
Important! Make sure the holes on the camera, speaker, keys, and other accessories are aligned.
- Connect the glass to the screen. Bubbles can be removed by squeezing to the edges with a clean, dry cloth.
Bitan! Glass only protects the screen. If your smartphone model does not have a very sturdy case, choose the right case for it. To make it easier for you to understand which will be better and more appropriate, we have given in a separate article.
The decision to replace the protective plastic with chemically hardened glass was made during the development of the first iPhone. It is believed that Steve Jobs himself asked the Corning management to continue with the scaled-down Chemcor project under which it was developed. Since then, all Aplle smartphones, without exception, have been equipped with Gorilla Glass.
Its different generations are used to protect the screens in the iPhone 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, in their middle modifications with the “S” index and in the latest “X”. The glass is strong enough to remain intact in 8 out of 10 drops and resists scratches. However, when shopping, you are almost always offered to stick an additional tile on the screen.
In this article, you will learn how to remove the protective glass from iPhone, when you decide to get rid of it, or when it breaks while performing its function.
If the outer panel is broken or cracked, the user’s task is simplified. When installing such protection, the physical properties of polished surfaces are used, which in this case are glass. In fact, they simply stick to each other, so no additional glue is needed. Cracks reduce the bond strength and all that remains is to gently lift the damaged corner to allow air to enter and remove the damaged coating. This must be done with a sufficiently strong and thin object.
- In the initial stage, dental floss is quite suitable to be placed under the damaged edge.
- Once we’ve picked it up, we solidify the success by placing a strip of paper or a plastic card so that the part stays outside the casing of the smartphone. This will prevent the glass from falling and sticking again.
- After that, it remains to gradually lift the board, completely separating it from the screen. This can be done with a plastic card that we placed in the resulting slot.
The screen of the smartphone has a special oleophobic coating that allows the finger to slide easily on the surface, providing control of gestures. A good protective glass also has a coating that wears out over time. If the iPhone screen is able to hold it for the rest of its life, the extra protection does not have such properties. After some time, the old glass no longer provides the necessary sensitivity necessary for tactile control.
In this case, the only way out is to remove it to restore the screen’s ability to perform one of the main functions. By removing the whole, which is not damaged by cracks, the outer coating is somewhat heavier. The force of adhesion that holds it to the surface of the screen is not compromised, so a significant effort is required to separate it. In the service, experts use tools that are not available at home. No one will buy a special rubber vacuum cup to perform a one-time operation.
- And this is where dental floss or thin film film will come in handy. Their advantage lies in their high strength, while there is a flat profile that facilitates its penetration between two firmly touched surfaces.
- Before that, you will need to carefully examine all four corners to find a weak point in the joint. After that, we lift one of them with a thread or a piece of film. While going to the next side, the previous one can be glued – to prevent this from happening, fix it with a plastic card.
- The further actions do not differ from those described above. After moving the air between the surfaces, we gradually raise the protective surface, increasing the distance, until it is completely separated.
One of Apple’s patents envisions changing the smartphone’s spatial orientation when it falls to prevent impact from hitting the surface. It is assumed that part of this will also require software implementation. In iOS 11, these technologies are not used and are unlikely to appear in the next one. Apple promises to improve stability in the next version of the mobile OS without introducing new revolutionary features.
It should be understood that additional protective glass is not a drug in itself. Dropping your smartphone regularly on a hard surface will sooner or later damage it. With careful handling, such a precaution will be more beneficial to the fairer sex to protect the screen from constant exposure to jewelry during conversation. Earrings, especially those with precious stones, are more dangerous to cover a smartphone than a handful of metal coins that are accidentally poured on it.
The video below shows you how to properly remove the screen protector without damaging the iPhone screen. This is the main task of the user. If after the examination you are not sure about the successful completion of the operation, it is better to contact the service. The cost of installing protective glass is not high and the risk of damaging the device due to improper or careless actions is fully paid.
Protective glass is a special coating made of high-strength chemical glass that is resistant to mechanical damage, scratches and chips. By installing additional protection on the screen of your iPhone, you protect the screen from possible shocks, thus extending its lifespan.
Protective glass characteristics
Compared to safety glass and film, there are a huge number of advantages on the part of the glass coating.
- with a thickness of only 0.25 mm, a high level of strength;
- a special oleophobic coating removes the appearance of fingerprints and other greasy contaminants;
- many types of glass are nano coated, which is why the smoothness of the glass prevails even compared to a conventional screen;
- the glass is attached to the screen with a silicone base – displacements and air bubbles are excluded;
Among the variants of flexible safety glass, there are models with and without rolled edges. In the first case, the edges of the protective coating are rounded, from which the glass becomes almost invisible, the impact does not break the edges of the glass.
How to remove the protective glass?
Despite the fact that the lifespan of protective glass is several times longer than the lifespan of the film, there comes a time when the coating needs to be changed. The silicone-based glass is firmly in contact with the main screen, so it will take a few skills to remove the protection.
Tools needed to remove the protective glass:
- Microfiber cloth (small).
- Strong floss or special floss for cleaning teeth.
The film removal process itself is not difficult, but you have to be as careful as possible, because the flexible glass will stick constantly.
Place the thread under one of the more comfortable edges. To do this, carefully move the edge of the glass with a sharp needle and immediately put a napkin so that the substrate no longer sticks. For convenience, it is better to remove the glass with a partner, you will be able to remove the old protective coating faster and more efficiently.
It should be noted that this number of tools is designed to remove undamaged glass. But if the surface is cracked, more painstaking work and additional items are needed. If you are afraid to remove damaged glass yourself or have no work experience, consult a professional. The company that repairs Apple equipment in Nizhny Novgorod, “MakeMeApple”, will help you with that. You can leave a request via the website or by calling the phone.
The main function of the protective glass is to provide the smartphone screen with maximum protection from all kinds of negative influences and unwanted contacts. As a result of a fall or impact, the glass cracks, deforms and becomes completely unusable. And here you can no longer do without his replacement. But how to remove the protective glass, what is needed for this and in what order should the work be performed? There are a lot of questions and everyone needs a competent answer. Let’s talk about removing and replacing glass in a little more detail.
Glass removal – what you need to remember
Often, glass is not used to protect the screen, but a protective film that is thinner and characterized by very poor strength indicators. But the choice in his favor is extremely unjustified and impractical in situations that require maximum screen protection.
You can’t do without solid and reliable here. But when replacing, you should be extremely careful and cautious. The screen of the smartphone has a perfectly flat base, which allows the glass to be in close contact with the surface. Moreover, retention is carried out not because of the adhesive, but under the influence of electrostatic forces. Therefore, removing the glass may not be as easy as some initially think.
You should not use all types of cutters and knives for this. And one silicone vacuum cup is also necessary. If it sticks poorly, it is impossible to get a vacuum, and excessively tight contact can lead to other problems. In this case, not only the damaged glass can be torn off, but also the sensor module located below the screen. To remove the glass, you need to be extremely careful and cautious.
Remove the glass – what it takes to work
For the job you need to prepare such a set of devices in advance:
- Mediator or narrow plastic card – for greater convenience it is better to take 2 pieces;
- A silicone vacuum cup is optional;
- Napkin with a surface that leaves no hairs;
- Glass cleaner – a more desirable choice in favor of compositions with alcohol content;
- Medical gloves are an optional choice.
How to remove the protective glass – sequence of actions
Remove the protective glass from the smartphone following the following sequence of actions:
- Initially, you must wash and dry your hands thoroughly to prevent marks and stains from appearing on the surface of the touch screen;
- Next, the angle that is least susceptible to damage should be determined on the basis of the glass;
- Attach a silicone vacuum cup to this location;
- Use a pick or a piece of plastic to separate the corner to separate it from the screen surface. To do this, you can further pull the vacuum cleaner towards you;
- Slide the pick or plastic card into the formed space and slide it along the base until the glass is completely peeled off;
- Remove the glass from the screen with an inflatable boat or by grasping it with your hands.
Protective glass from your smartphone – put on a new one
The work on this can be considered completed. The protective glass is removed and you can proceed to install the entire and correct module in its place. This procedure is not particularly difficult, but requires careful adherence to all requirements and nuances.
First of all, you should clean the screen with an alcohol-based composition. You must then remove the film from the new protective glass. This should be done from the side that will contact the screen of the mobile phone. In this case, the glass should be kept as close to the screen as possible. It is necessary to carefully align its position to ensure that all notches and holes match exactly. When full alignment is achieved, the glass is lowered onto the screen.
All bubbles that appear are removed without problems and difficulties with a dry napkin. Just go over the glass. Finally, remove the film covering the glass from the outside.
Removing the protective glass is not particularly difficult. You just need to be careful and strictly adhere to the above recommendations.
If you notice an error, select a piece of text and press Ctrl + Enter