How to set a song as an iPhone ringtone without iTunes or PC
Do you have a song left in your mind that you just listened to and want to put this song as a ringtone on iPhone? But is it possible to add a song as a ringtone on iPhone without iTunes or your computer? Yes it can be done! Whether it’s a custom sound like your child’s voice, a piece of music, or external ringtones, iPhone lets you do that. In this article, I’ll walk you through the process step-by-step, so read on.
How to put a song as iPhone ringtone without paying and without iTunes and PC?
Before moving on to the steps, there are a few prerequisites:
- Saved locally: The track you want to ringtone should be stored in your iPhone’s music library or files app. Specifically, protected songs (such as from Apple Music) and songs not stored locally on your iPhone cannot be used.
- L’app : devi download e to install the free GarageBand app from the App Store.
How to put a song as a ringtone on iPhone with Garageband
For the purpose of this tutorial, I downloaded a ringtone from Zedge. You can use a website or source of your choice. Here is a simple method for setting up song as iPhone ringtone without use iTunes.
- Launch the app GarageBand on your iPhone.
- Scroll and find Audio recorder From the options, tap Voice (microphone icon). (You can also use keyboard or drummer for the purpose)
- Here, touch View (icon similar to a brick wall) to access the editing section.
- Tap the icon Loop; you will see three subtitles here: Apple loops, files and music. Since my ringtone is saved in files, I’ll use that tab.
- Search for the song you want; hold for a few seconds to import. If you can’t see the song, tap Browse items from the Files app to find it.
- To edit the song, drag the long vertical bar on the desired starting point of your personalized ringtone.
You can use the button of reproduction to get the perfect starting point of your tone.
- Once done, double-tap the song and select I divided.
- Drag thescissors icon down to cut / divide the song at the chosen point.
- Delete the unusable part of the song by double tapping it and then choosing Remove.
- Now, select thearrow pointing icon the bass from the top left corner and tap I my songs.
- Touch and hold the project and select Share from the list.
- Here, select Ringtone, then keep it going, assign a name the song according to your choice and tap Export.
- Once the process is complete, tap Use sound like… To set it directly as a ringtone or OK to do it manually.
Note: when exporting, iPhone automatically cuts the ringtone to 30 seconds. If you want to set an end point somewhere before 30 seconds, repeat steps 6 to 9.
Set custom ringtone on iPhone without iTunes
If you have previously selected OK or want to use the custom ringtone again, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings → Sounds and haptic feedback → Ringtone.
- The newly created tone will be displayed at the top of the list below Ringtones.
- To touch is per set as ringtone.
Set MP3 as iPhone ringtone without iTunes successfully
Hope this handy trick to set a ringtone of your choice without iTunes or a computer was useful. If you have any questions or run into any issues during the process, share them in the comment section below.