How to tame a cat in Minecraft
Minecraft has many neutral mobs and some of these mobs can be tamed in-game. Once tamed, the neutral mob becomes friendly to the player. Depending on the type of mob, it will defend the player or help him collect some kind of resource or offer protection.
Cats in Minecraft
Minecraft originally had Ocelots that a player tamed to get a tame cat. With recent updates, cats are now an official mob. Ocelots are still found in jungle biomes, but you don’t have to tame them to have a cat.
Cats are found in villages and they come in all sorts of variations; the common tabby pattern, the tuxedo cat, the red-haired cats, the calicos, etc. Creepers and Phantoms are afraid of cats and that’s a great reason to have them. Cats purr in Minecraft.
Domar a cat in Minecraft
To tame a cat in Minecraft, you need to feed it fish. Fish are easy to come by, but you will need time and a fishing pole to get the job done.
Artisan fishing rod
To make a fishing rod, you need;
- Three wooden sticks (any type of wood)
- Two strings (obtained by breaking webs or killing spiders)
Note: to break the web, use sheers. They can be made with two iron ingots. Cobwebs are found in caves and mine shafts.
Once you have the materials you need, you can make a fishing rod.
- Open the workbench.
- Place a wooden stick in the last cell of the first row.
- Place a wooden stick in the second cell of the second row.
- Place a wooden stick in the first cell of the last row.
- Put a string in the last cell of the second row.
- Put a string in the last cell of the third row.
- Pick up the fishing rod.
Catch fish in Minecraft
You are ready to start fishing. Take the fishing pole to any nearby water source. The best is to find the open sea, but the small streams and lakes that you see will serve you well.
- Right click / drop the action in the water fountain while holding the rod to cast the reel.
- Look closely at the water and the point where the reel disappears under the water.
- When you see bubbles appear and swim towards the reel, it means that you are about to bite.
- When the reel head is underwater, right click / place the action again.
- Everything you have captured will be added to your inventory.
Note: when fishing, most of the time you will go fishing, however occasionally you may lift other items such as boots, bowls, glass bottles, books, puffer fish, etc.
How to tame a cat in Minecraft
Collect at least 10 fish. It should be raw cod or raw salmon, both are common. Locate a village and get close to a cat. You must keep a certain distance or it will run away. Make sure you have fish on hand because cats in Minecraft are motivated by food. Once you have a cat’s attention, right click / drop the action on it to feed the fish.
Repeat until you see hearts coming out of the cat. The cat will receive a red collar. It is now tamed and it will follow you. Make sure to keep it fed.
Cats will be attacked by wolves, but they will also attack chickens, rabbits, and baby turtles. It’s great to have them around, but you need to make sure your chickens are protected.