Mining with GTX 1060 6Gb. Overclocking, profitability, consumption, settings
– If you are interested in finding more on how this Graphic card will perform then this article will provide all such information and more.
How much can a GTX 1060 6Gb mining bring in 2021? Let’s look at the profitability of the card in the mining of ether and other coins on various algorithms, as well as consumption. We will not consider the GTX 1060 card on 3Gb, in 2021 it is no longer relevant in mining.
Profitability and consumption of 1060 in mining
First of all, let’s see how much the card is capable of producing on various algorithms, after that we can determine the exact profitability of 1060 6Gb in mining, as well as see its overclocking potential and how much it can add ether and other coins in mining.
|Algorithm||GTX 1060 6Gb||Consumption (Power)|
|Ethash||22.00 Mh / s||90.00W|
|Ethash4G||22.5 Mh / s||90.00W|
|Cuckaroo (d) 29||3.8 h/s||90.00W|
|NeoScrypt||680.00 kh / s||90.00W|
|Octopus||4.8 Mh / s||90.00W|
|KawPow||9.0 Mh / s||90.00W|
|ProgPow||9.0 Mh / s||90.00W|
|X25X||2.4 Mh / s||90.00W|
|MTP||1.3 Mh / s||90.00W|
|Verthash||0.34 Mh / s||80.00W|
Yield 1060 6Gb:
Based on the data in the table, the yield of 1060 6Gb at the end of March 2021 is as follows:
Est. Rewards 24h
|Exchange Rate||Market Cap
Current | 24h
3 days | 7 days
|100% | 100%
100% | 100%
|94% | 93%
93% | 92%
|90% | 72%
64% | 61%
|BT: 4m 43s
|834.67612.67 Gh / s
|81% | 72%
66% | 65%
|19,6801.31 kh / s
|79% | 68%
64% | 61%
|BT: 3m 24s
|3,331,70016.33 kh / s
|105% | 65%
64% | 65%
|32,060.9916.68 kh / s
|76% | 61%
48% | 47%
As you can see, as of 03/20/2021, the card brings about $ 2 per day. In this case, we consume 90 watts. Is it possible to increase the hash rate of the card by overclocking?
Overclocking 1060 6Gb for ether (ETH) and other cryptocurrency mining
Overclocking 1060 6Gb on Windows
Overclocking the 1060 6GB video card for Windows mining is performed in MSI Afterburner. This program works great with all cards and all card manufacturers, both Nvidia and AMD.
- Power Limit (%) is power consumption – set 60%
- Memory Clock (MHz) this is our video memory frequency – set +500 Mhz
- Core Clock (Mhz) – set to 0, i.e. do not touch.
If you have top 1060 6Gb cards, i.e. top-end performance with overclocking from the factory, you can increase the memory overclocking up to 700 Mhz.
With this overclocking, the hash rate increases from 21 to 24-26 Mh / s. While consumption falls due to the reduced Power Limit, consumption should fall by about 20%. And make up about 70W.
Overclocking 1060 6Gb in Hive OS
Overclocking 1060 6Gb for mining ETH in Hive OS, if you are not yet registered in Hive OS, register using this link with the InsidePC promo code and get $ 10 to your account, only 1 rig is free in the system, from the second rig you need to pay $ 3 per month for each rig.
1. In the Farms tab, select the desired farm with 1060 6Gb.
2. Choose a rig with 1060 6Gb.
3. Select the desired map and click on the speedometer icon. You can select this icon next to a specific map, or select the speedometer icon labeled ALL. Here you can set the overclocking settings for all Nvidia or AMD cards. If you have several 1060 6Gb, you can apply overclocking to all cards at once.
4. Next, set 0 in the + Core Clock Mhz field. Set 1000 in the Memory Clock, Mhz field. Turn OhGodAnETHlargementPill off, this is only for 1080 and 1080 Ti.
Overclocking a GTX 1060 6Gb for mining in Rave OS and Hive OS is very different from overclocking a 1060 6Gb in Windows. Here we do not set the actual value of the memory and GPU frequencies, but enter the value of the addition to the base frequency. Those. in the + Core Clock Mhz field, we indicate how much to increase the frequency of the GPU. And in the Memory Clock, Mhz field, we indicate how much to increase the memory frequency divided by 2. That is, specifying 1000 Mhz, we thereby increase the memory frequency by 500 Mhz. By specifying 1400 Mhz, we increase the frequency by 700 Mhz.
So we indicate Power Limit, W. Under your card there will be a maximum wattage limit, indicate 65% of this figure. Those. if the maximum value is 140W, set it to 84W.
Overclocking 1060 6Gb in Rave OS
Overclocking 1080 Ti for ETH mining in Rave OS. First of all, register with Rave OS.
1. Go to the Workers tab.
2. Go to the settings of the worker (Edit worker).
3. Go to the Tunning masonry. And we set the values for overclocking. In the Core Clock offset, Mhz field, set the value 0, and in the Memory Clock offset, Mhz field, set the value 1000 Mhz, this works the same as in Hive OS, we divide the frequency by 2. That is. value 1000, increases the memory frequency by 500 Mhz.
4. Press the button “Save & Apply”.
This is all the overclocking of the 1060 6Gb card in Rave OS.
The most profitable and reliable pool for ether mining at 1660
At the moment, the Binance Ether Mining Pool is one of the most profitable and efficient pools. Read how to mine on the binance pool on our website.