Note: article being updated (the announcement has just been made and the complete technical data sheets are not yet online). Missing information will be inserted shortly. Some data may vary in the final version
Microsoft renews the Surface offer by introducing Surface Go 2 is Surface Book 3 that change their predecessors introduced in summer 2018 and autumn 2017. The positioning does not change – the Go is the 2-in-1 that represents the entry proposal in the Surface line, while the Book covers the most part high in the catalog – but there is an updated component that translates into an improvement in performance and consumption.
SURFACE GO 2
The design is unchanged: it is always a slim, compact device with an integrated stand, but now it can count on one wider PixelSense screen. The diagonal goes from 10 "of the previous model to 10.5 ", but it is an increase due to the reduction in the thickness of the frames, the overall dimensions of the product do not change. The resolution is 1920 x 1080 pixels.
Autonomy and performance improve thanks to the processor 8th generation Intel Core m3-8100Y, are up to 64% higher than those of Surface Go. A version with Intel Pentium Gold 4425Y. In both cases, these are low-power processors with 2 cores / 4 threads. The memory equipment includes 4GB of RAM and 64GB of storage for the model with Pentium Gold, 8GB of RAM and 128GB of storage for the Core m3 variant.
Surface Go 2 is equipped with WiFi-6, Studio Mics – the solution a double microphone to improve audio capture and reduce background noise – and one 5MP front camera (resolution unchanged from the original Surface Go). The rear camera also has a new Camera app that simplifies the acquisition of documents and notes. Anticipated the arrival of a variant equipped with LTE telephone form. Complete the picture the inevitable support to Surface Pen and at Type Cover (that of the previous model can be used but the new Platinum, Black, Poppy Red and Ice Blue colors arrive).
Surface Go 2 pricing starts from 469 euros, the availability in Italy is set to go from May 12th. Pre-orders start today in the Microsoft Store: by making the reservation you will receive a free Surface Mobile Mouse; students and teachers will also benefit from one 10% discount%.
- Display: 10.5 "PixelSense with 1920 x 1080 pixel resolution, 3: 2 format, touch, Surface Pen support, Gorilla Glass 3
- Intel Core m3-8100Y
- Intel Pentium Gold 4425Y
- Graphic card (integrated): Intel UHD 615
- 4GB of DDR4 RAM and 64GB of eMMC storage for the Intel Pentium model
- 8GB of RAM and 128GB SSD for the model with Intel Core m3
- 5MP front
- 8MP rear
- Audio: dual microphone, 2 speakers, Dolby Audio Premium
- Connectivity: USB-C port, Surface Connect port, microSDXC reader, 3.5mm headphone jack, WiFi 6, Bluetooth 5, variant with LTE Advanced Qualcomm Snapdragon X16 module
- Safety: Windows Hello (face recognition) TPM 2.0 firmware
- Sensors: ambient light, accelerometer, gyroscope, magnetometer
- Autonomy: up to 10 hours
- Windows 10 in S mode (consumer channel)
- Windows 10 Pro (business channel)
- dimensions: 245 x 175 x 8.3mm
- Weight (Type Cover excluded): 544 grams (WiFi version), 553 grams (LTE version)
- Package contents: Surface Go 2, power supply, quick guide. Type Cover and Surface Pen sold separately
SURFACE BOOK 3
Surface Book 3 reproduces the DNA, aesthetics and construction solutions of the previous models: Microsoft's goal is to offer a device that perfectly embodies the 2-in-1 laptop. Compared to other competing solutions – but also compared to the Surface Pro themselves – it has the advantage of a very well-made hinge that allows you to magnetically hook the screen to the keyboard making it practically indistinguishable from a traditional laptop when the two halves are joined.
Surface Book 3 pushes the accelerator on performance by promising an increase of up to 50% compared to those achievable with the previous generation. L'autonomy can instead cross the finish line of the 17.5 hours. Microsoft returns to offer the Surface Book in the two variants with 13.5 and 15 "screen but the processors are coming now Intel Core 10th Generation, the Ice Lakes at 10nm Core i5-1035G7 (dual-core, and only for the 13 "model) e Core i7-1065G7 (quad-core) with 10nm production process that can be combined with dedicated NVIDA video cards. More specifically, these are the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 and 1660 TI Max-Q addressed to gamers or with the NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000 dedicated to professional users who will also benefit from configurations with 32GB of LPDDR4X and SSD RAM memory up to 2TB.
Prices start from 1,849 euros. There availability in Italy is expected to leave from June 2nd. Those who pre-order through the Microsoft Store starting today will get the Surface Pen free of charge; students and teachers will benefit from one 10% discount%.
- 13.5 "PixelSense, 3000 x 2000 pixel resolution, 3: 2 format, touch, Surface Pen support
- 15.5 "PixelSense, 3240 x 2160 pixel resolution, 3: 2 aspect ratio, touch, Surface Pen support
- 13.5 "with Core i5-1035G7 (dual core) or Core i7-1065G7 (quad-core) CPU
- 15 "with CPU Core i7-1065G7 (quad-core)
- up to 32GB of LPDDR4X RAM
- SSD up to 2TB
- Integrated Intel Iris Plus GPU (for 13.3 "base model with Intel Core i5)
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 Max-Q GPU (for 13.3 "model with Intel Core i7)
- GPU Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 TI Max-Q or Quadro RTX (for the 15 "model)
- 5MP front
- 8MP rear
- Audio: dual microphone, dual front speaker with Dolby Atmos
- Connectivity: USB-C USB 3.1 Gen 2 (no Thunderbolt 3), 2 USB-A 3.1 Gen 2 ports, 2 Surface Connect ports, SDXC player, 3.5mm headphone jack, WiFi 6 and Bluetooth 5
- Safety: Windows Hello (facial recognition), TMP 2.0 chip
- Keyboard and trackpad: backlit keys, 1.55mm key travel, glass trackpad with anti-fingerprint coating and multi-gesture support
- 13.5 "up to 15.5 hours
- 15 "up to 17,5 hours
- Operating system: Windows 10 Pro / Home
- 13.5 "with Core i5: 312mm x 232mm x 13mm-23mm
- 13.5 "with Core i7: 312mm x 232mm x 15mm-23mm
- 15 ": 343mm x 251mm x 15mm-23mm
- 13.5 ":
- Intel Core i5: total weight 1534 grams, tablet only 719 grams
- Intel Core i7: total weight 1642 grams, tablet only 719 grams
- 15 ": total weight 1905 grams, tablet only 817 grams
- 13.5 ":
SURFACE DOCK 2 AND MICROSOFT USB-C TRAVEL HUB
Microsoft has also announced two accessories that can be combined with the new Surface: there is the new Surface Dock 2 and the Microsoft USB-C Travel Hub. A common feature is to simplify the connection of external peripherals. In particular, the Surface Dock allows you to connect monitors, mice, keyboards and other USB devices. Similar functionality for the Travel Hub which has the advantage of its compact size. Surface Dock 2 is Microsoft USB-C Travel Hub are sold respectively at the price of 299 and 109.99 euros.
- Surface Dock 2:
- Surface Connect port, 4 USB-C ports, 2 USB-A 3.2 ports, Gigabit Ethernet port
- Microsoft USB-C Travel Hub:
- USB-C 3.1 gen 3 port, USB-A 3.2 Gen 2 port, Gigabit Ethernet port, HDMI 2.0 and VGA connectors