Radeon RX 560 for mining : Settings, overclocking | Hashrate | Profit (Spike): The growth of the Bitcoin exchange rate in 2017 spurred thousands of Internet users and made them look differently at the possibilities of cryptocurrency.
Together with Bitcoin, the value of Ether, Stellar, Litecoin, Monero and other virtual coins has increased. Against this background, the number of those wishing to receive coins with the help of mining equipment has increased.
In 2019, the rate of cryptocurrencies dipped 5-10 times (depending on the coin), but the prospects for mining remained at a high level. Therefore, despite the temporary decrease in the price of virtual coins, the mining of cryptocurrency remains in demand. The question is the choice of equipment. In order to avoid costs, preference is given to budget video cards for mining, for example, the Radeon 560.
Radeon RX 560 for mining: Graphics card specifications
The 570 and 580 series GPUs almost immediately became scarce in the market, prompting manufacturers to create a new model. It was the Radeon RX 560 2GB and 4GB graphics card, which has lower performance and an affordable price. Crypto network participants use it to mine Ethereum and Zcash cryptocurrencies. With the help of a video card, you can achieve good results in the extraction of virtual coins (with the correct settings and overclocking).
When choosing a GPU for a farm, it is important to pay attention to the parameters of the Radeon RX 560 cards. There are two types of GPUs available for sale – with two and four gigabytes of RAM. Considering this factor, the cost, productivity and return on investment of the farm differ. The following types of chips stand out – Hynix, Micron and Samsung.
The parameters of the Radeon RX 560 are as follows:
- For 2 GB – the memory frequency is 7000 MHz, and for the core 1176 MHz. In boost mode, the GPU is accelerated up to 1300 MHz. The power consumption of the GPU in the standard mode is 80 W, but when mining on a video card, the parameter rises to the level of 125-130 W.
- For 4 GB. The core frequency reaches 1176 MHz without an upgrade. The power of the video card is also increased by 10%. The rest of the parameters remain unchanged.
When purchasing a Radeon RX 560, it is important to consider the following:
- The best solution for mining cryptocurrency is the Radeon RX 560 from GIGABYTE. It’s about the Gaming model. The peculiarity of the 4GB Radeon RX 560 Gaming is the high quality of components, low noise level, reduced power consumption and no problems with heat dissipation.The hashrate of equipment for Ethereum mining is 13-14 MH / s. When mining Monero – 350. The peculiarity of the GPU is the presence of additional power.
- In second place is Sapphire’s Radeon RX 560. The video card has a performance of 12 MH / s. When choosing a GPU for mining, it is worth considering the presence of two types of Sapphire Radeon RX 560 – for 2 and 4 GB. Auxiliary power models are available on the market. For more profitability when mining coins, it is recommended to take the Overclock Edition model. Its peculiarity lies in the overclocking of video cards by the developer company (the user does not need to do anything).
- Next up behind AMD’s Radeon HIS RX Graphics processor delivers low power consumption, affordable price and performance. For Dagger Hashimoto, the indicator is 12.5 MH / s (suitable for Ethereum mining).
The rest of the graphics processors (MSI Radeon RX 560, GIGABYTE Radeon RX 560) have standard characteristics and give a performance of 12-12.5 MH / s.
The payback of the equipment depends on the correct choice of the virtual coin and the mining settings. In order to avoid unnecessary costs, before purchasing equipment for mining, it is worth calculating the profitability of the process for different video cards and GPUs.