DOHA, Oct 13 – PRIME. Saudi Arabia denies the political background of the decision of the countries participating in the OPEC + agreement to reduce oil production and its direction against some states, the Kingdom’s Foreign Ministry said in a statement.
“The Government of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia completely denies these statements, which do not take facts as a basis and rely on an attempt to present the OPEC + decision as going beyond purely economic frameworks. This decision was adopted unanimously by all countries of the group… negative economic consequences,” the statement said.
At the same time, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the kingdom indicated support for resolutions on the situation in Ukraine and the principles at the heart of the UN Charter on the sovereignty of countries.
“Saudi Arabia considers relations with Washington as strategic, which serve the interests of both countries,” the Foreign Ministry added.
Last week, the states that are part of the OPEC + agreement decided to reduce oil production by two million barrels from November, extending the deal until the end of 2023, which displeased US President Joe Biden, Washington announced a desire to revise its policy towards Saudi Arabia.