NVIDIA reveals how many graphics cards went to players

NVIDIA reveals how many graphics cards went to players

It is still said that graphics cards go mainly to “miners” who use them to “mine” cryptocurrencies. However, as NVIDIA’s statistics on the number of graphics cards reaching players show, apparently the world is significantly wrong in this regard.

NVIDIA’s answer to how many graphics cards hit gamers may surprise you

NVIDIA has just announced its financial results for fiscal Q2 2022, boasting that it grossed $ 6.5 billion, more than in the previous quarter. This was due to the growth in the gaming segment (by 11%) and data centers (by 16%). In fact, however, all of NVIDIA’s segments reported record revenues during the quarter, and the previous gaming, data center, and professional visualization market posted $ 3, $ 2.4 billion, and a half billion in revenue, respectively.

Also read: Intel announced the future of RealSense. It’s not good

Read This Now:   SL500 Summer Edition - Colorful in a summer scarf

Of course, we are most interested in the answer to the title of this post, i.e. how many graphics cards went to players and we are talking about the entire GeForce RTX 3000 family here. As we read:

Gaming revenue was up 85 percent compared to the prior year and 11 percent quarterly on a quarterly basis, reflecting higher sales of GeForce GPUs and gaming console SOCs. We continued to benefit from the high sales of our GeForce RTX 30 series based on the NVIDIA Ampere architecture. We introduced GeForce Low Hash Rate (LHR) GPUs with limited Ethereum mining capabilities and increased the supply of Cryptocurrency Mining Processors (CMPs) to target GeForce to gamers and CMP to miners.

Over 80 percent of our Ampere-based GeForce GPU shipments this quarter are LHR GPUs.

Also read: Leakage of the new generation of Threadrippers. We know the details of the Ryzen Threadripper 5000

So it turns out that, according to information provided by NVIDIA, manufacturers produce RTX 30 cards with limited Low Hash Rate (LHR) cores in the overwhelming number, more than 80%, while the remaining 20% ​​is the production of ordinary, unblocked ones. However, this contradicts recent reports that manufacturers are still focusing on unblocked graphics cores that NVIDIA still offers, because they simply earn more from them. However, the recent lifting of the LHR blockade indicated that even if these graphics cards are mass-produced, they may still start reaching the miners.

Read This Now:   Pixel 6a officially. Google Tensor on board and some tweaks

Notice: ob_end_flush(): failed to send buffer of zlib output compression (1) in /home/gamefeve/bitcoinminershashrate.com/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5373

Notice: ob_end_flush(): failed to send buffer of zlib output compression (1) in /home/gamefeve/bitcoinminershashrate.com/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5373