Аsic S9 (Asic Bitmain Antminer S9) Mining: Hashrate | Earnings ($4 – 5) | / Is it good for mining/ Profitability/ Power Supply(watt)/ Advantages & Disadvantages – Asic Bitmain Antminer S9 – the profitability of this ASIC is per day (4 – 5 $). Payback – about 7 – 9 months.
- Will the new S9 ASIC be able to change the rules of the game for small miners and amateurs and return lost profitability to them?
Considering that profits generated from current generation mining hardware are declining and are likely to reach negative profits after the halving?
Technological advantage of S9 in 16 nanometers
Although ASIC was released in the middle of 2016, it is still better than ordinary video cards…. With current technology, the continued miniaturization of semiconductors allows for even greater processing power and electrical efficiency in smaller ASICs!
Antminer S9 CHEAP bitcoin ASIC miner in Mid October 2021 – Is it still profitable?
Let’s talk about bitcoin mining with the cheap antminer S9 in Mid October of 2021 – is this cheap bitcoin asic miner still profitable at all, or is this asic miner too old to be profitable in the month of October? Let’s take a look at this and talk about it! #BTC#BitcoinMiningOctober2021#bitcoinMining
This video reflects my opinion only; numbers and data are approximate and may become inaccurate as time passes.This video may not be objectively accurate. It’s just my opinion. Images used are for educational purposes only.
Videos provide host(s) commentary on developing technology and science. This information may change at any time. I am not an investing professional or advisor.
Always consult a wealth management professional before investing. Nothing in this video is advice of any kind, and should not be misconstrued as such.SHOW MORE
The smaller the nanometer (nm) value, the better! AMD already has video cards based on the 5 nm process technology – what an achievement!
Can you imagine asics at 5 nm ??? That is, they will be small, less noise, BUT the power will be higher! That’s what modern technology is!
- Many have argued that Moore’s law is no longer true because the rate of growth in computing speed has slowed as it has reached the physical limits of silicon semiconductor technology.
A vital design improvement at 28nm is the 16nm fabrication process used in the manufacture of the S9 ASICs.
Even though the 10nm process has been around for a long time in 2021, further downsizing is still possible.
In addition, the development and production of any 10nm bitcoin mining hardware will likely take at least a year.
Power supplies for ASIC s9 (Asic Bitmain Antminer S9)
The good news is that existing power supplies are fully compatible with the S9 ASIC,
recommended to use with S9:
- AntMiner APW – 12 1600 W which sells for a little less than 15,000 rubles.
- GPU EVGA SuperNOVA with a power of 1300 W, which is also sold at a price of about 13,000 rubles.
- EVGA is rated at 1600W, but it is significantly more expensive, by about 8000 rubles, compared to the Ant Miner offer with equivalent power.
Asik S9 has a high hash rate, which is 14 T/s (terahash per second). Combining a total of 189 chips distributed across 3 circuit boards to achieve this phenomenal hashrate.
Apart from a brief hashrate spike of 15k/s, a single S9 block boasts a hashrate equivalent to the maximum throughput of the entire bitcoin network from its initial download until mid-2012!
ASIC S9i – better cooling!
By the way, there is also an S9i ASIC – the difference from the S9 is that the manufacturer has improved the regular model without the letter “i” – now the ASIC has become less heated.
Still, for each chip, of which there are many in asics, a separate individual heatsink is installed for more efficient cooling! Moreover, the radiators are made of a special high-quality aluminum alloy. Such an ASIC is more expensive than usual.
The main technical characteristics of ASIC:
- Algorithm – SHA-256;
- Hash rate – 14 TH / s;
- Power consumption – 1300 watts + -3%;
- Voltage – 11.6-12.9 V;
- The average temperature is from 25 to 43 degrees;
- Weight – 5 kg.
Let’s calculate the projected profit (approximate return)
Keep in mind that the cost of electricity will depend on your location and your electricity bill. And a lot of other little things…
- According to the input, asik S9 will bring 0.285 BTC / $159 per month and 3.36 BTC / $1939 per year.
This puts the return on investment (ROI) at just over one year! Of course, let’s assume that all factors had to remain the same for such an impressive result, despite the fact that this is very unlikely in the ever-changing world of Bitcoin!
What does ASIC S9 do (Asic Bitmain Antminer S9) is the most energy efficient device for mining cryptocurrencies today, because it is an advanced manufacturing process.
- It uses only 0.1 Joules per Gigahash, which makes it about 2.5 times more efficient than the Antminer S7.
The total power consumption of the device is about 1350 W, although this figure can vary by about 7%. The S9 draws about 300W more than the S7.
Asic S9 is inexpensive when compared with the price of asic l3 +, which is newer. on Ali S9 can be bought for about 50 thousand rubles, along with a PSU.
ASIC s9 is a standalone device, except for the power supply. Communication with other sites does not require a connection to another computer. The built-in web-based management portal simplifies the setup and maintenance process.
Asic Bitmain Antminer S9 It is air-cooled and due to its robust construction it is quite easy to maintain.
This ASIC works reliably, whether it is stored only one or a few blocks in a free room or hundreds to thousands of blocks in a huge special building for mining.
Verdict: Does S9 mining make sense for business?
Yes, according to the data and results calculated above. As a budget option, this is the best solution. After all, it costs only 40-50 thousand rubles, and the new asics l3 plus are much more expensive – about 120 thousand rubles.
- Although this ASIC is outdated, it is still better than using conventional video cards! However, when large miners move to l3 plus and other modern equipment, increasing difficulties are also taken into account – you have to pay more for electricity, etc.
In conclusion, I want to say Asic Bitmain Antminer S9 Definitely a great piece of hardware that is inexpensive.
While ROI cannot be 100% guaranteed, given the natural unpredictability of mining, it is likely to remain profitable for a longer period of time than previous generations of ASIC miners.
- Price – costs only about 50 thousand rubles;
- At ~14k/s, it has the highest hashrate available;
- At ~0.1 Joule per g/s it is very effective.
- An outdated asic, there are already more advanced asics in all plans;
- Sold separately, you need another $170 – $200 for the PSU.