MOSCOW, 13 Oct – PRIME. There are still no decisions to allow Russia to investigate the Nord Streams, Deputy Prime Minister of the Russian Federation Alexander Novak told reporters on the sidelines of the Russian Energy Week.
“So far there are no permits and, moreover, there is no answer to Nord Stream’s requests,” Novak said, answering a question about the answer to the Russian demand to allow its specialists to investigate Nord Stream.
“Therefore, today we believe that there is no decision on the admission of Russian specialists to investigate the relevant sabotage,” he added.
The attacks took place on September 26 at once on two Russian export gas pipelines to Europe – Nord Stream (both lines) and Nord Stream 2 (one of the two lines). Germany, Denmark and Sweden do not rule out targeted sabotage. The Nord Stream operator Nord Stream AG reported that the state of emergency on gas pipelines was unprecedented and it was impossible to estimate the timing of repairs. The Prosecutor General’s Office of the Russian Federation initiated a case on an act of international terrorism after the damage to the Nord Stream gas pipelines.
Novak said on Tuesday that Russia had submitted petitions to the governments of Germany, Denmark and Sweden for admission to participate in the Nord Stream investigation.
Russian Energy Week takes place in Moscow on October 12-14. RIA Novosti acts as an information partner of the forum.