How to activate Windows Defender – GuideSmartPhone.net
This post introduces you to Windows Defender. Learn how to open and use Windows Defender in Windows 10/11, how to disable or enable Windows Defender on your computer, etc. Windows Defender is a free program included in the Windows 10/11 operating system that helps protect your computer from security threats such as malware, spyware, viruses, etc. It is an anti-malware component of Microsoft Windows. Unlike other third-party antivirus software, Windows Defender requires no additional download and installation. Windows Defender is also called Windows Security, Microsoft Defender, Windows Defender Antivirus, or Microsoft Defender Antivirus.
Also read: How to delete Windows.old
Do you need to install Windows Defender on Windows 10/11?
Windows Defender is included with the Windows 10/11 system and is not now available for standalone download. If you can’t find Windows Defender on your computer, you can update Windows 11/10 to the latest version. To download and install the latest Windows updates, you can click Start -> Settings -> Update & Security -> Windows Update -> Check for Updates. For Windows 11, you can click Start -> Settings -> Windows Update -> Check for updates.
How to open Windows Defender on Windows 10/11 – 5 methods
To open Windows Defender in Windows 10 or Windows 11, you can try the 5 methods below.
- Use Windows Search. Click Starttype Windows Defender in the search box and choose Windows Defender o Windows Security from the result to open it.
- Trovalo gave the Start menu. Your Windows 10, click su Start and find Windows Security or Windows Defender from the app list. On Windows 11, you can click the icon All apps to list all apps in your system.
- Open Windows Defender from Settings. On Windows 10, premium Windows + I to open Windows Settings. click on Update and security. Click about Windows Security in the left panel and click the button Open Windows Security in the right window to open it. On Windows 11, press Windows + Iclick on Privacy and security on the left and click Windows security on the right, then click Open Windows Security to open it.
- Access Windows Defender from the Control Panel. Awards Windows + Rtype control panel and press Enter to open the Control Panel. click on System and security and click Windows Defender Firewall to open its settings.
- Open Windows Defender in Windows 10/11 from the taskbar. If you see a Windows Defender icon in your system tray, you can double-click it to open Windows Defender in Windows 10/11. If you don’t see the icon, it means you need to activate Windows Defender on your computer. Read below how to activate Windows Defender and how to disable it.
Also Read: How To Clear Windows 10 Cache
How to disable / enable Windows Defender in Windows 11/10
Awards Windows + I to open Windows Settings. Click Privacy and security in the left panel. On Windows 10, click Update and security. Click Windows security To the right. click on Open Windows Security. In the Windows Security app, you can select Virus and threat protection and click Manage settings To the right. Here you can disable or enable Defender su Windows 11 o Windows 10. If you wish, you can also configure other Windows Defender settings such as firewall and network protection, account protection, app and browser control, device security, view of protection history, etc.
I can’t enable Windows Defender on Windows 11/10
One of the most common behaviors of Windows Defender is that if it detects third-party antivirus software, Windows Defender will automatically shut down. Windows is designed to detect the presence of installed security software, and we often see the notification in the Action Center. One of the common problems we’ve encountered in the past is when I am more security software installed. They often create conflict with each other and ultimately create more problems than doing good. Frequent freezing and crashing of applications are some of the common problems that occur when installing more than one antivirus software.
So, to avoid this situation, Windows Defender will automatically shut down when it detects another security program. Likewise, if this security application has a firewall, Windows Firewall will also stop working. So in case you want Windows Defender to work, you will need to uninstall the third party security software and reboot the system. Users often don’t know if the security software is actually installed or not because when buying a new laptop, it mostly comes with a trial version of the security software like Norton, McAfee, etc. So, when installing applications like Flash or Java, it may ask you to uninstall the free security scanner when most of them don’t notice.
So it is better to search your PC if you are unsure whether the security software is installed or not. Once removed, you may need to activate Windows Defender manually. Type “Windows Defender”In the search box and then press Enter. Click Settings and make sure there is a check mark on Enable real-time protection. In Windows 10, open Windows Security> Virus Protection and turn on the switch Real-time protection in the On position.