How to Connect the Echo auto to the Bluetooth of my Car? – Step by step guide
Amazon Echo products have the ability to connect via bluetooth easily to all the equipment for which they were programmed, such is the case of the Echo Auto. If you already have one available and want to connect it to your car, today we will show you the correct way to do it without it becoming a difficult task.
What should you consider to connect in Echo Auto to your car?
Some important things you have to keep in mind when connecting an Echo Auto to your car, the first thing is that your car must have a power outlet to which the device can be connected and secondly, the sound system of your car must be Bluetooth 4.0 compatible or higher than this, with these 2 little things a day you will be able to connect your Echo Auto easily and simply.
Bluetooth compatible with other devices
This is important because the only way to connect the Amazon Echo is via Bluetooth so all devices must be compatible. Normally, cars with a Bluetooth connection have their latest version and do not present any type of inconvenience as mobile devices usually do, especially when solving bluetooth problems on an Apple.
What steps to follow to connect Echo Auto to your car’s Bluetooth?
- The first thing you have to do is turn on your car, once this is done you have to configure the input signal of the sound system in Bluetooth, then go to the phone.
- Then you will have to turn on Bluetooth on your mobile.
- Open the Alexa application and press the symbol that represents the ‘More’ option and from there you just have to select the option that says ‘Add device’.
- From among the options you will have to choose ‘Amazon Echo’ and then ‘Echo Auto’. After this you just have to follow the instructions that will appear on the device screen. If you’re having a hard time setting up, you can also choose to set up Echo Auto with an auxiliary cable.
How to set up Echo Auto in your car?
The important point in this case is to have the Alexa application from your phone because it is from here you can configure the Echo Auto in your car. Once you have downloaded the application on your phone, you just have to follow the steps that we will show you below so that you can enjoy the benefits that Alexa can offer in your car.
From the Alexa App on your phone
Connecting Echo Auto to your car is as easy as connecting an iPhone to the stereo, so you don’t have to worry about it getting complicated. It is necessary that you download and have the Alexa application on your mobile, as well as offer all the permissions that it requests. Then follow the steps below.
- Connect the Echo Auto to your car through the power supply (this must be 12V).
- To connect the Echo to your car you just have to use the cable and adapter that came with your Echo Auto in its box, although you can also connect it to a USB port.
- Once it is ready to connect you will notice an orange light on the device.
- Now it’s time for you to go to the Alexa App from your mobile phone. Locate the option that says ‘Device’ and then select ‘Add’, this icon can be found in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Once you are inside the menu you will have to press the ‘Add Device’ option, then select ‘Amazon Echo’ and then ‘Echo Auto’.
- All the information will be shown on the computer screen and you just have to follow fully, this last step is a bit long, so we recommend that you have a considerable amount of battery in your mobile.
How to establish an automatic connection of the Echo Auto to the bluetooth permanently?
Normally when you connect the Echo Auto to Bluetooth it is permanently associated so you will not have problems getting out of the car and losing the connection.
Instead, the app continues to work in the background and when you get back in the car it will connect automatically. When this does not happen, it is most likely a mobile problemue for some reason closed the development of the application in the background.