How to connect your PS5 controller to your Android smartphone
This article teaches you how to connect a PS5 (PlayStation 5) controller to your Android smartphone.
Connect your PS5 controller to your Android smartphone
There are many games available for Android smartphones that are compatible with the use of the PS5 controller. Here’s how to connect a PS5 controller to a smartphone so you can play the game anywhere.
1. Power on your PS5 controller by holding down the PS logo in the middle of the controller.
2. Press and hold the PS logo (power) button simultaneously with the share, distributeÂ (to the left of the Touch Bar) to put the PS5 controller into pairing mode.
Note: The lights will flash on your PS5 controller once it enters pairing mode.
3. On your Android smartphone, tap Settings.
4. Press Bluetooth.
5. Your Playstation 5 controller should now show up as one of the devices to pair under Available devices.
6. Tap the name of the PlayStation 5 controller, then tap ParÂ for the pairing to take effect.
7. The controller is now paired with your Android smartphone.
How to disconnect your PS5 controller from your Android smartphone
Now that you can link the PS5 controller to a phone, you may want to disconnect it after you’re done playing. Here’s what to do on your Android smartphone.
1. Press Ajustes > Bluetooth.
2. Press the button yo next to the named PS5 controller, then press Disconnect.
If you prefer to unbind the controller, which requires you to rebind it to use it again, press dissociate.
What can and can’t I do with the controller connected?
Here’s a quick rundown of what you can and can’t do when you connect your PlayStation 5 controller to your Android smartphone.
- It is possible to play any Android game that supports controllers. Many Android games support controllers and are often easier to play with a physical device than touch screen options. Find controller compatible games and use your PS5 DualSense here.
- You can navigate the home screen of your Android phone with the controller. Do you want to move around the home screen with the PS5 controller? You can do it without having to touch the screen. It can be useful for some accessibility purposes.
I can not do it
- You can’t use the PS5 DualSense controller with the PS Remote Play app. Although you can use the PS Remote Play app to play games with a PS4 DualShock controller, it is not currently compatible with the PS5 DualSense controller.
- You cannot pair the controller with more than one device at a time. Do you want to pair your PS5 controller with your console and your phone at the same time? That is not possible. Instead, you’ll have to fix it with a device after using it on one of them originally. Plan accordingly before starting a marathon gaming session
If you have any questions or suggestions, let us know in the comments. Also check this guide if you want to learn how to connect a PS5 controller with a Windows PC.