How do I delete my Badoo account: Best 4 options (#1 Is Golden) iPhone/Android – While many people use Badoo to connect and meet with other people on a regular basis, you may want to delete the account due to lack of time or simply lack of interest. Whatever the reason for your lack of motivation, you can say goodbye to this social media site in a few easy steps.
The best part is that your account is immediately deactivated and there is no need to worry because, within just 30 days, it is automatically deleted. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to delete your Badoo account on PC / website, Android app and iPhone app.
Delete Badoo account in a few easy steps
Badoo is a very popular online dating platform. But Badoo advertises that they are more than just a dating platform and claims to be the world’s largest social discovery network. The company claims that its mission is to provide the best technology for people to come together because happiness is better shared. Believe that you have the tools to find the right person for you.
What sets Badoo apart from other dating platforms is that you can use the “Dating” feature to participate in speed dating online. Badoo also allows people to chat and meet new friends and not just date, which is why the company calls itself a social media platform.
Badoo operates in 190 countries around the world and is available in 47 languages, making it the most widely used dating platform in the world. The company claims that more than 500 million users have signed up to the site so far. The platform operates on a freemium model where users can use the main functions of the platform for free and it also includes a premium subscription that includes additional benefits and functions.
You can use Badoo on the web and on the two popular mobile platforms – Android and iOS – so you don’t have to worry about the type of device you have.
But, if you are not satisfied with Badoo, you can choose to delete your account. These are the steps you must follow:
- Go to Badoo.com and log into your account
- Access your profile and account settings. In the upper left corner, click on your profile photo to open your profile. On the next screen, click the gear icon in the top right to open your account settings.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the account settings page, then click Remove account.
- Badoo will give you a few options for other things you can do instead of deleting your account. You can accept one of these options and stay on Badoo, or click Delete your account. Then click Continue.
- Badoo will now offer you a free trial of Badoo Super Powers for three days if you decide to stay. If you want to take advantage of this, click Get Free Super Powers. If you still want to continue deleting your account, click Delete your account at the bottom of the window.
- Select a reason why you would like to delete your Badoo account. Then click Continue at the bottom of the window.
- Enter your current password in the first text box. In the second text box, write the characters you see on the left. This shows Badoo that you didn’t end up on that page by accident. Finally, click on Delete your account.
Those are all the steps to delete your account. Badoo will send you an email to confirm the deletion of your account. If you change your mind, you can reactivate your account within 30 days of deletion. To do this, open the email from Badoo and click the button that says Recover your profile.
Delete Badoo account created through Facebook
Deleting a Badoo account from Facebook is relatively easy and only requires a few steps:
- Log into your Badoo account with your Facebook credentials (there is a Login with Facebook button on the Badoo home page).
- Click the Settings link in the upper right corner of your Badoo profile (just before Signing Out).
- Look for the Delete Profile link on the left sidebar. When you click on it, Badoo will ask you to hide your profile. Ignore that and click Continue deleting profile.
- On the final page, it will ask you to enter your Badoo password and a reason for deleting your profile. Please note that your Badoo password is not the same as your Facebook password, although you actually signed up for Badoo using Facebook! Actually, when you first create a Badoo account through Facebook, Badoo emails you a separate password for your account that you can use to log in directly in the future. That email should be somewhere in your inbox / email files, and you’ll have to search for it. If you can’t find it, reset your Badoo password by logging out and clicking the I forgot my password link.
- Once you’ve acquired your Badoo password, go to the delete profile page again, follow the steps, enter your password in the final step, and click OK, I’m done. Delete my profile.
- Badoo will keep your profile in hibernate state for 30 days, in case you want to recover it (the links will be sent to you by email), after which the profile will disappear forever.
Now that you’ve deleted your Badoo account, it’s time to block the Badoo app on Facebook (so you stop receiving all updates and requests). Go to the Badoo app page and click the Block app towards the bottom of the left sidebar. Confirm your action and you’re done.
Delete Badoo account without password
For security reasons, Badoo requires that each member must verify an account two or three times during account deactivation. The first verification is to log into the account, the second is to enter your password after having indicated and given the deactivation command.
Then the third phase is the confirmation message that will be sent to your email. So, you have to go through these three confirmation phases. That said, if you have forgotten your password, you must recover it before deleting the account. Therefore;
- Go to the Badoo app or the Badoo website at www.badoo.com
- Enter your User ID in the first column and click the “Forgot Password” link.
- Prove that you are the account owner by providing the email or mobile phone number associated with the Badoo account .
- After that, create a new password and log in.
- Now you can take the following steps to delete your account.
In contrast, the Facebook account and some other available third-party accounts are available to log into a Badoo account, so having a forgotten password is not enough to prevent you from deleting your Badoo account.
Unsubscribe from the Badoo mobile APP
Now let’s see how to delete the Badoo account using the official app for mobile phones and tablets.
Deleting the Badoo account from the Android mobile is simpler than the PC. On the one hand, you must follow the processes below to deactivate / delete your Badoo account.
- The first step is to log in or open your profile if you are logged in
- Go to the Settings option on the right side of the profile tab and access the Account option in the settings.
- Select the Account option under Basic Information on the Badoo Android app settings screen to delete the account. Click on the phone number / email in the Account option and it will direct you to another screen, where you can continue to delete the Badoo profile.
- Select the link to delete your Badoo account “Delete account” at the bottom of the screen.
- You should verify that you are deleting the account despite repeated offers to stay on Badoo. Select the “Delete your account” option and click the “Continue” button.
- This will be followed by an offer of premium services that you must ignore and select “No, delete my account.”
- Immediately after this, it will ask you the reasons for leaving badoo.com. Please choose any reason from the options.
- Once you’ve entered your reasons, be sure to confirm the deletion. You can select from the answers previously provided or choose “Other” and give a personalized explanation of your reasons for leaving Badoo. Once done, click on the “Confirm deletion” button.
- A short green pop-up window will appear indicating that your account has been deleted.
Deleting Badoo account on iPhone takes a bit of patience, but it can be done easily. Read on for the steps to delete a Badoo account on an iPhone.
- Once you’ve logged in, go to Profile and look for Settings. The profile is accessed by clicking the person icon in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Go to the Account option by clicking on it.
- Now, click on Remove Account, which can be seen in a dim font in the bottom center of the screen.
- Next, it will ask you if you are sure to delete the account. Make sure you don’t opt for any of the options.
- Press Delete your account and press «Continue».
- Next, you must choose the option to delete account by clicking “No, delete my account” even though they offer you premium services.
- Finally, he will ask you about the reasons why you are leaving. Select an option from the preset options or write your own explanation.
- Once you give your reason, it will ask for a final confirmation. Select any reason and click “Remove account”.
- Once the confirmation is made, your account is deleted.
With these steps you will be able to delete the Badoo account on iOS .
What happens if I delete my Badoo account?
When you deactivate or delete your Badoo account, your dating profile will be removed from the platform and will no longer be visible to other users on the site. It will be hidden from you from other possible matches and you will also not be able to receive messages about your current matches. Badoo won’t show you any more notifications either.
If you choose to delete your account, your account information will be removed from the platform after 30 days. If you have questions after deleting your account, you can choose to reactivate it. But remember that this is only possible within 30 days after the account is deleted. After that, all your information will be permanently deleted and you will not be able to reactivate the deleted account again. If you want to use Badoo again, you will need to create a new account and start over.
And if you want to delete your account, it is recommended that you first unsubscribe from your premium membership because Badoo does not have a policy of refunding premium memberships. By deleting your account, you will also lose all premium features and accompanying benefits.
How to deactivate the Badoo profile without deleting the account?
If you don’t want to use your account for a while, Badoo gives you the option to temporarily hide it. All your information will be put on hold and you will be able to recover everything you had in your account when you decide to return to Badoo.
When your account is hidden, it will not appear in the Close People or Encounters section. Users who previously messaged you can still message you, but you won’t be able to read the message until you choose to display their profile. You will also not receive annoying notifications or emails.
You may want to do this if you are going on vacation or just want to take a break from the app for a while. But remember that your subscription will remain active during this time.
Follow the steps below in a web browser to Hide your account and activate stealth mode on Badoo:
- Go to badoo.com and log into your account with your email address and password
- Open your profile page by clicking on the profile picture
- Now click on Profile Settings
- Click Remove account
- Now click on the option Hide your account from the list
- Press Confirm
After following these simple steps, your account will be automatically logged out and hidden from other users. If you want to reactivate your account, please log into your account and display your profile.
What if I want to reactivate the profile?
If you regret having deleted your user profile on Badoo, you can Areactivate it again without complications. There is a specific way that works to regain access after unsubscribing, and here I explain it easily and simply.
Badoo gives a reasonable time and a chance to retrieve the profile. To regain access, you must go to the inbox of the email linked to the deleted profile. There you will have a message belonging to this platform in which the deletion of the profile is reported. Open that email and you will see a button with the text “Recover profile.” You must press it.
Now you will return to the Badoo website and it will ask you, in a pop-up window, to fill in a space with the letters that appear on the left. Write them, remembering that if there are capital letters you must indicate them as such. When finished, click on “Re-enter”.
If you have followed the steps we have indicated well, you should be back in Badoo. After the temporary suspension, you can regain access without any problem as we have indicated.